There are more than 100 cannabinoids that have been identified, yet many medical professionals have focused on CBD, in particular. There’s a simple reason for this: CBD has proven itself over and over again to be an invaluable form of holistic healthcare, capable of relieving a wide range of physical and mental health disorders. At Marijuana Doctor Now by Point Lumineux, we are strong proponent of the health benefits of CBD; by visiting us in our Sarasota, FL practice, you can learn for yourself about how CBD can give you lasting relief.
But what exactly are the health benefits of CBD? The first thing that’s important to know is that it is non-intoxicating. In fact, you can use CBD to lessen the intoxicating effects of THC. When used in conjunction with THC, CBD synergies the effects of THC, allowing THC to work better with less intoxication. That’s made this a popular option even among those who are resistant to getting a cannabis “high.” What’s more, CBD can be used in conjunction with other cannabis products to enhance their effects; specifically, it can enhance the potency of THC.
A common misconception about CBD is that it can make you feel drowsy. While different patients may experience it differently, CBD is generally experienced as something that calms and gives energy, focus, and clarity. That means that many of our patients are able to take it even before heading to school or work, without worrying that it will make them too sleepy.
In terms of more specific health benefits of CBD, there are several worth noting:
- CBD is a powerful anti-convulsant, which means that it can be used to effectively treat those suffering from seizures.
- It is an anti-inflammatory agent, as well, which yields a wide range of health benefits—including relief from chronic pain.
- Many of our patients who battle ongoing gastrointestinal issues say that CBD helps alleviate their sense of nausea.
- Likewise, many patients find that CBD helps give them relief from muscle spasms.
- It’s common for patients to be diagnosed with mental health disorders that are at least partly hormonal in nature; CBD therapy can help with depression, anxiety, and more.
- CBD has found more and more favor as a treatment option for cancer patients, specifically helping them combat nausea and pain associated with their other treatments.
This is just a general list of the kinds of health benefits you can anticipate from CBD—but to begin the journey, it’s important to meet with one of our doctors to work out a treatment plan that’s geared toward your specific symptoms, and which may or may not include some adjunct therapies. We also welcome you to reach out with any specific questions about CBD health benefits that we haven’t covered here.
Explore the Health Benefits of CBD
Whether you have general questions about the health benefits of CBD or you’re ready to find out how CBD can become a part of your holistic treatment, we invite you to contact Marijuana Doctor Now. We’d love to set up a consultation, help you develop a clinical plan, and answer all of your questions about smart CBD use. Contact us today to make an appointment with us in our Sarasota office.