We often have the opportunity to talk with individuals who have long suffered from a disruptive health problem, whether gastrointestinal distress, chronic pain, or even the effects of PTSD. Traditional medicine may have failed them, but when they hear about the health benefits of cannabis, it fills them with hope. There’s just one problem: They don’t know where to begin, and the evaluation process can seem daunting. Here’s a quick guide on how to get started obtaining your medical marijuana card in Florida, as well as your clinical plan from Marijuana Doctor Now by Point Lumineux.
How It Works
- The first step in the process is having a consultation with one of our doctors. Note that you can’t get your medical marijuana card from just any doctor; it has to be a physician who is registered in Florida’s cannabis program. Our doctor fits that bill, and our goal is to help you develop a real road map to improved health and wellness.
- It’s not enough simply to get medical cannabis; it’s imperative to have a good strategy for using that cannabis. We’ll walk you through dosages, strains, terpenes, adjunct therapies, and more, helping you formulate a personalized plan to find full relief.
- When you contact us to set up your appointment, we’ll walk you through the things you’ll need to bring with you to the appointment, though for most patients, it’s pretty simple: If you have identification that confirms your Florida residency (your Florida Driver’s License) then you should be set. If you’re a snow bird or have just recently moved to Florida, let us know and we will brief you on any special requirements.
- While you’re here at our office, we can help you apply for your Florida marijuana card—a simple process. The registration fee is $75. That’s paid straight to the state, but again, we can help you sort all that out while you’re here in our office.
- Within five days of your appointment with us, you should receive an email from the state of Florida, which tells you that you’ve been approved to purchase medical marijuana products from a local dispensary. You don’t have to wait for your official marijuana card to arrive; once you get the email, that’s all you need to make your purchase. If you’re not sure of which local dispensary to use, we have several that we work with in and near the Sarasota area, and are happy to point you in the right direction.
- Below are dispensaries located within 50 miles of our office:
- Trulieve - 935 N Beneva Road Sarasota, FL 34232
- MÜV - 5045 Fruitville Road – Suite 119 Sarasota, FL 34232
- Trulieve - 1103 14th Street West Bradenton, FL 34205
- VidaCann - 5203 Cortez Road W Bradenton, FL 34210
- You’ll need to make follow-up appointments with Marijuana Doctor Now, and for a couple of reasons. For one, it’s actually a state requirement to keep your card current. The State requires visits every seven months, and our doctor recommends evaluation every six months. Just as important, though, it allows you to talk with your doctor about symptoms and/or side effects to make sure you’re getting just the right holistic care. (You’ll need to pay the $75 registration fee to the State of Florida annually.)
Remember that the ultimate goal isn’t just to get cannabis. It’s to get a real solution for your physical or mental health concerns, which is where we can be integral.
Get Your Medical Cannabis Evaluation Now
To get a medical cannabis evaluation in Sarasota, FL, the first step is to consult with a qualifying doctor. At Marijuana Doctor Now, we’d love to talk with you about your needs, help you develop a personalized clinical plan, and start down the path to healing and wholeness. Make an appointment for your medical cannabis consultation by contacting Marijuana Doctor Now.